Sound as a diagnostic tool for coral reefs' state and functioning
For the very first time, passive acoustics enables a standardised and continuous monitoring of coral reefs over time.
We will work together to choose the relevant sites and go all the way to put together customized coral reef protection measures.
Key metrics about coral reefs' state and functioning are provided in our custom scientific reports and can be visualised on our dedicated website.
The lifecycle of coral reefs monitoring
Installation of the recording devices
Results visualisation on our website
What information can be obtained through soundscapes ?
MONITORING OF BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITIES
- Evaluation of the overall ecological state of a site using ecoacoustic indices
- Evaluation of the biomass of fishes within each trophic group
- Quantification of the activity of key species or groups of species
- Quantification of the diversity and abundance of biological sounds
MONITORING OF HUMAN ACTIVITIES
- Quantification of noise pollution (per hour/per day)
- Monitoring of no-entry areas - count of the infractions
- Quantification of divers presence